Weight Loss Affirmations Are Ineffective - Seek Vibrant Health


I lost and kept off 30 lbs because my WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATIONS said nothing about weight loss or weight. They focused on an exciting and motivating goal that involved my whole perspective on life and health, ultimately attracting to me the wisdom and power to succeed at what I desired.

The fault with most affirmations for weight loss is:They focus on weight (attracting "more of the same"). They are imaginary rationalizations ("I feel thin inside."). They are out and out self-lies ("Losing weight is effortless.").

weight loss diet program, physicians weight loss, rapid weight loss,

When affirmations for weight loss contain words about weight loss, you are then trying to make an affirmation about something that you don't want. According to the Law of Attraction that's an invitation to frustration and failure, since you attract what you think about.

Your mind will be focused constantly on "weight." Clever little rationalizations that deny authentic feelings and reality don't help either.

Effective WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATIONS must paradoxically have a goal that is far greater than anything to do with weight loss since the concept of weight loss is trying to rid yourself of something you don't want.

Effective WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATIONS must have in them:An "emotionally attractive" goal (which weight loss isn't) A "motivationally appealing" goal (which weight loss isn't) A legitimate lifestyle description (which weight loss isn't since it can't continue forever!) The other problem with affirmations for weight loss is that weight loss is a temporary process. Once you lose the 40 or 50 lbs you desire to lose, THEN WHAT HAPPENS? You've been working at losing weight for many months and have made changes in your life. THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

What usually happens is that since the goal has been reached, there is a let-up with the behavior that led to that goal. Usually, it was a struggle to reach the goal and now it's time to relax. Since there's rarely any overarching lifestyle goal, the tendency will be for you to stop doing the behaviors that lost weight and then put the weight back on.

What developed into my foundational goal of my WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATIONS was:

I am seeking and am enjoying VIBRANT HEALTH.

I can assure you that seeking and enjoying vibrant health was both emotionally attractive and motivationally appealing! I found it an incredibly powerful and focusing affirmation.

What I love about it is that it is a lifestyle description. To pursue vibrant health means that I have to change my way of living. It is a more significant and profound goal than simply losing some pounds.

Seeking Vibrant Health has implications for:Daily and weekly exercise goals My daily attitude and approach to life The choices I make shopping and planning meals A path and guideline for my mind and body Weight loss being a sub-category of a more important goal and not becoming an obsession With Vibrant Health as the foundation of my WEIGHT LOSS AFFIRMATIONS, it transformed what is for most a long uphill struggle into a totally positive, exciting and fun adventure! I remember walking and then running around the track at a local YMCA (which I had joined) and feeling it to be a real challenge. I would repeat to myself,

Vibrant Health, Vibrant Health, I'm seeking and enjoying Vibrant Health.

That never failed to "pump me up."

I dance once or twice a week (mostly swing/jitterbug). Every Saturday at the dance, Pizza would arrive around 10:30PM. I was tempted every time. The smell was always appealing if not enticing. I would simply affirm,

I'm seeking and enjoying Vibrant Health. You don't fit into my plans! I have a higher purpose.

In only took a few choices like this and my affirmation became a powerfully motivating "call to action." That's an important point. Weight loss, because it became a sub-category of Vibrant Health, was transformed from a passive process of trying NOT to do something into just one of many fun and encouraging ACTIONS that I was taking.

Of course, I had weight loss goals. They were simple and manageable. You can read about them at my web site, on the page weight loss affirmations -- part-2.

14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Macro-patterning And Interval Sequencing Program

Yeast Infection No More

14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Macro-patterning And Interval Sequencing Program

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Weight Loss Tips
Support by CB Engine